Kitchen remodeling is an important step when you want to make upgrades that not only give you the kitchen of your dreams but will also enhance the resale value of your home should you plan to sell. There are many kitchen remodeling design ideas that can grab a potential buyer’s attention.
The kitchen is no longer just space where the cooking happens, rather it has become a shared space for family gatherings – and much more. For work-at-home mom’s it can also accommodate a home office space. For entertaining your friends, open-concept kitchen remodeling can maximize space for large groups. There is no set-in-stone rule of thumb when it comes to kitchen remodeling. In fact, you can let your imagination go wild – after all, that’s what dreams are made of, right?
So here are 10 of the top kitchen remodeling upgrades in Johnson County, KS.
- Paint: Upgrading your kitchen doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. For instance, applying new paint is not only affordable but can set the tone for the rest of your project while giving it a fresh new look. Just pick up the color of your choice!
- Cabinetry: If your existing cabinets are in good condition, you can just reface them. This means changing the doors and drawer fronts and adding new hardware. You also have the option of just staining or painting the cabinets, or adding a veneer. This is a cost-effective solution to installing all-new cabinets – but that’s an option, too!
- Backsplash: Kitchen remodeling can add a stone or tile backsplash to create a stunning visual effect that complements the rest of your kitchen.
- Countertops: Countertops are the most visually captivating element of your kitchen space and can change the definition of your kitchen. Several hard-surface materials are popular for countertops, but quartz and granite are the choices of most Johnson County, KS, homeowners. They are low-maintenance and highly durable and come in an amazing array of colors and finishes to choose from.
- Lighting: Kitchen lighting adds style and substance to your room, and there are numerous ways to ensure you have a well-lit kitchen. Under-cabinet LED lights work well to illuminate countertops and food prep areas. Task lighting in specific areas can be in the form of pendant lights or rope lights. Replacing the standard ceiling fixture with can lights or a more dramatic, stylish fixture can change the dynamic of the entire room.
- Fixtures: Updating faucets with brushed chrome or brass will give your décor a classy, sophisticated look, plus added functionality.
- Flooring: For an instant facelift, kitchen remodeling can update your flooring by removing old tile or laminate and replacing it with beautiful oak hardwoods, bamboo, or cork floors.
- Storage: Nobody ever complains about having too much storage in their kitchen! Kitchen remodeling can easily enhance your storage space with built-in shelves, especially corner units, to maximize storage.
- Appliances: Modern, energy-efficient appliances give a sleek, updated look to your kitchen, and will simultaneously cut down your energy bills. Stainless steel appliances are all the rage in Johnson County, KS, but many homeowners prefer traditional white appliances that complement any décor.
- Technology: We live in an age when technology applies to just about everything we do, and that includes kitchen remodeling! For instance, adding outlets for WiFi and computers, as well as incorporating smart features to program your lighting, appliances and other kitchen electronics is hugely popular.
When undertaking a kitchen remodeling project, it’s important to be extra attentive to the layout of your kitchen. That means allowing adequate space for cabinet and appliance doors to open fully without interfering with each other’s space. It is also important to consider the traffic flow and special accommodations for handicapped family members for improved efficiency and convenience.
Johnson County Remodeling in Lenexa delivers the best solutions for kitchen remodeling. When you rely on our expert designers and craftsmen, you will get the kitchen of your dreams!
Schedule a Free Consultation Today by Calling 913-322-9334