Kitchen remodeling can include something as simple as painting the walls, changing out the faucet, and adding pendant lights over the island. But it can also be something on a grander scale that not only improves functionality but also gives a completely new look to your home. Every new year we see new ideas for making kitchen spaces clean, stylish, and more accommodating. Current social dynamics and technological advancements take kitchen remodeling to a new level.
Following are the top 10 kitchen remodeling design trends we predict for 2021.
- Smart Kitchens. Kitchen remodeling will see more integration of Smart Technology with sophisticated appliances and fixtures that traditionally are merely functional. Newer kitchens will feature such things as sensors, faucets with motion detection, and refrigerators that alert you when food is running low.
- Cabinet Colors. Although white cabinets have been the go-to-choice for finishes for many years, in 2021 kitchen remodeling will be phasing them out and changing the color palette to darker tones in navy, emerald and forest green, plum, deep ruby red, and even black. Dark jewel-tone kitchen cabinets are elegant and edgy and add an interesting aesthetic, changing the whole feel of the room. Choose traditional designs but change up the color for a modern look.
- Countertops. The trend for kitchen remodeling in 2021 for countertops extends beyond typical tile or granite. Textures that are rich in tone, like wood grains and laminate, appear to be taking the lead. The use of raw materials like metallic amber, gold and rust, copper slate, and Italian concrete gives a unique aesthetic to the room, especially in an industrial-design kitchen.
- Storage. Nobody has ever said they had too much storage in the kitchen. Kitchen remodeling is changing it up by completely redesigning space to take advantage of every square inch. Niches can be built into walls between studs, overhead space becomes additional storage for less frequently used small appliances, and new space is created to enable pantries that are custom-built to accommodate the needs of the most discerning cook.
- Fixtures and Fittings. No kitchen is complete without them, and in the coming months, kitchen remodeling will involve installing industrial-looking brass taps with unusual handles and innovative features that not only complement the space but add more functionality. Attractive faucets, hinges, knobs, and handles can truly transform a kitchen design.
- Appliances. Homeowners no longer have to settle for ho-hum, basic appliances. When it comes to refrigerators, ranges, dishwashers, and built-in microwaves, the options are practically unlimited. New, brushed metal finishes are easier to clean and will add a touch of class to your kitchen in 2021. Plus, with smart technology, they all but open the door and hand you the contents!
- Open Concept. With the increasing popularity of open concept living, kitchens have become the heart of the home. Creating a comfortable, well-presented space by opening up the living area and combining it with the closed-in kitchen to create a large, communal space is a specialty of Johnson County Remodeling.
- Lighting. In 2021, kitchen remodeling will be paying particular attention to kitchen lighting. The use of unexpected materials in lighting fixtures will be the highlight of the kitchen. Metal and glass, transparent glass, and unique shapes that complement the overall décor of the room will be popular. Wood, especially untreated, rustic or antique, will fit nicely into country and loft-style kitchens. Lighting can be used to create specific zones for various activities.
- Large Islands. Kitchen remodeling design trends in 2021 will see an increase in homeowners’ interest in larger islands to enhance their workspace. It is also a favored feature for combining kitchen and living room space into a great room. Johnson County Remodeling is experienced at providing maximum integration of a kitchen’s technical elements, workspace, and dedicated special activity zones into kitchen remodeling.
- Connecting the Outdoors. With the current pandemic, many homeowners are bringing the outdoors inside, and it’s shaping up to be one of the key kitchen remodeling design ideas for 2021. Installing French doors and larger windows, for example, are ideal to not only allow fresh air inside, but also enhance the view of your patio or backyard.
Whatever your design choices are, Johnson County Remodeling is always familiar with the current kitchen design trends. When you’re ready to start your kitchen remodeling project, contact us for a Free Consultation.
Johnson County Remodeling
Lenexa, KS 66216