Basement Remodeling Services in Overland Park
If your basement is currently being used to store that pair of skis you use once a year, or boxes of old clothing, let’s face it: you’re not making the most of the space. Your basement can be used for anything from a dedicated entertaining space to an extra bedroom—with the right remodeling company, anything is possible.
For all your remodeling needs, no company is better qualified and more affordably priced than Johnson County Remodeling.
Our experienced team can transform your space into something that’s tailor made for you. Your basement can be used for just about anything imaginable, so if you’ve been wondering what to do with the extra space, we can help.
Why Remodel Your Basement?
If you have an unfinished basement that you’re using for storage, you probably don’t realize how big your home is. There’s an entire floor down there that’s literally collecting dust. And for the record, dust doesn’t increase your property value!
By remodeling your basement with Johnson County Remodeling you’ll build efficient storage space in a small section of the overall space. Most of our clients have found that although they use less space for storage, that they actually have more space for storage! Imagine that? And on top of that, you’ll have free rein to create do whatever you want with the rest of your basement.
Would you like a home theater system? Do you want a playroom for the kids? How about a workshop or artist studio? Or even a guest bedroom. The options are limitless. Because basements are underground and built into the foundation, they tend to be damp and cool. If you start using your basement, you’ll end up having to install heaters and dehumidifiers. Just by using your basement you’ll be protecting your Overland Park home from damage.
Custom Designs for Basements
One of the best parts of remodeling is the unparalleled level of customization it gives you. Unless your home was custom built for you, it was designed with someone else in mind. Beyond having the necessary qualifications to safely carry out remodeling jobs of all sizes, we also have an eye for detail that allows us to deliver dynamically designed basements time and again. We can transform your basement into a media room, bar, or game room. Why live in a space that was designed for someone else, when an alternative is just a phone call away?
Plumbing & Electrical Work
As a full service remodeling company, we eliminate all the stress involved with remodeling work. Rather than trying to keep track of multiple companies, you can count on us to handle everything from start to finish. From redoing the electrical wiring and plumbing, Johnson County Remodeling takes care of it all, so you can focus on other things. Over the years, we’ve worked with many Overland Park clients who viewed their basements as little more than places to store their water heaters or electrical boxes. Our goal is to help clients realize the full potential of their basements by providing them with functional lighting and amenities.
Basement Space Planning
Interested in making some changes to your basement, but not sure where to start? We can help! After taking a closer look at your space, we can provide you with some tips on how to get the most out of your basement. We also work with clients who already have a clear idea of what they want done, so no matter which category you fall into we’re here to lend a hand.
Licensed General Contractors For Basements
When you need high quality remodeling work done, there’s only one company in town that’s up to the job. At Johnson County Remodeling, we take our work seriously because we understand the level of trust our clients place in us.
For a basement remodel that perfectly matches what you had in mind, look no further than the talented staff at Johnson County Remodeling.
Seven Tips for Basement Remodeling
- Keep it dry. Damp basements are breeding grounds for mold and bacteria. Before you start to remodel your basement, make sure that you identify any problem areas where moisture can get in.
- Vapor barriers. Temporarily installing a vapor barrier on your floors and walls will help you figure out what kind of moisture you’re dealing with.
- Get rid of mold. Once you’ve figured out where and how moisture is getting into your basement, make sure you do a thorough cleaning. Mold can damage things that you store. It can also be harmful to you and your loved ones if it is inhaled. Make sure you get rid of any mold before you start construction.
- Baseboard heaters. Electrical baseboard heaters will work wonders on the moisture in your basement. Moisture tends to fall to the floor and the heaters will evaporate it.
- Consider Insulation. Adding heaters is a great way to get rid of moisture. But adding insulation will keep out the moisture and make your basement cozier and inviting.
- Install a drop ceiling. Unfinished basements leave the lighting, wiring, and ventilation systems exposed. We recommend drop ceilings which will give you access to your home’s electrical and ventilation systems but conceal them behind removable tiles.
- Recessed lighting. One advantage of drop ceilings is that they make it easy to install recessed lighting. If you’re thinking about installing a home theater system, pot lighting is a great option. They sit discreetly tucked into the ceiling tiles and can be fitted with dimmers to get the mood just right.
Looking to Finish Your Basement? Call Us
From comprehensive remodels to a few specific updates, we have experience handling it all. Start making the most out of your basement today, and get in touch with Johnson County Remodeling. Our remodeling experts can help you with design and construction. With years of experience and education behind them, they have the skills to make your Overland Park home the best version of itself.To schedule a consultation or to find out more about how our remodeling services can benefit you, call us today.